1. Only the customer of the vehicle as mentioned in the agreement is authorized to drive the vehicle, as well as the person(s) mentioned in the agreement as additional driver(s). In case there is an accident and the driver is not mentioned in the agreement as customer and/or as ‘additional driver(s)’ and consequently is not authorized to drive the vehicle, the insurance becomes invalid (lapses) and the customer is completely responsible for all direct and indirect loss.
2A. In case you accept the Extra Insurance (CDW), your responsibility for damage to the vehicle you hire is US $1500.00 for jeeps and US $3000.00 for exclusive cars and vans. Extra insurance valid only with police report. The extra insurance doesn’t cover the following situations: “one way” accidents, driving under influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding, hitting rocks or stones, off road driving, damages to third part exceeding US $50.000.00. If you don’t accept the extra insurance, you are responsible for the total amount of loss.
2B. Deductible on third party insurance is US $250.00.
3. In case the driver drives faster than the speed limit, the insurance becomes invalid. Driving faster than permitted is not allowed. You must slow clown in case of a wet road surface.
4. Damages and losses are charged as follow: Gas cap $20.00, Hub cap $35.00, Wheel wrench $30.00, Jack $80.00, Jack handle $20.00, Antenna $40.00, Radio $250.00, All rims dealer price, Tires l3” & 14″ $90.00, 15” Car and Van $190.00, 15” Wrangler $185.00/$220.00, 16” all cars and Jeeps $22.00, Jeep full top $1000.00, key with chip $120.00, battery $150.00, key with chip exclusive cars (market price), regular key price $125.00, lost or damage of remote controls $125.00, lost or broken key $125.00.
5. Driving off-road and on white sand is not allowed. Any damage to the vehicle due to off-road or white sand is for customer’s account, including towing services.
6. Jeep tops have to be on in case it rains, not doing so will result in wet sensors on the dashboard that will activate and light on, the vehicle computer has to be reset at the dealer on your cost. In case the vehicle seats are wet we will charge you an extra day.
7. You are provided with a …………. tank of gasoline/diesel and you must return it with the same amount. Additional charges per 1/8 tank of gasoline/diesel is $20.00 for cars and $25.00 for jeeps. Sorry, no refund.
8. In case of an accident call the police at Tel. 911 and our office at Tel. 583-2223 or Cel. 566-6888. Our employee will help you to obtain the necessary information. An accident report must be filled out.
9. As January 1 2007, sales tax will be added to your final bill.
10. Vehicles are equipped with a spare tire, jack, and tools. The cost to repair the flat tire is $15.00 flat tire need to be change by renter. We will do tire replacing of the tire. Our fee to change a flat tire is $25.00.
11. Removal of sticker(s) will result in a charge of $70.00 for each.
12. $5 to $10 fee will be charged for public parking due to early flight
13. Return the vehicle as agreed. If there is any change about time, date or place notify us at Tel. 583-2223 during office hours or at Cell: 566-6888
14. Excessive dirty vehicles (e.j. white send, mud) are subject to a cleaning fee of US $150.00. Do not eat in the vehicles.
15. It is not allowed to go to Natural Pool, doing so is under your own risk, any damage occurs to the vehicle will be on your expenses. Towing services start at $500.00 and go to a maximum of $1000.00. Towing service need to be paid direct to the towing company on the time of service.
16. The customer is at all times directly responsible to Jay’s Car Rental for all damages, including water damage for convertible vehicles. The customer declares to pay these damages before leaving the island.
17. The customer gives Jays Car Rental the power of attorney to use any credit card or company card if necessary to pay the damage.
18. I understand that declining the C.D.W. or not acting in accordance with the rental agreement and the additional conditions. I am responsible for any and all loss, damage, towing etc. of the vehicle regardless of the question of who is to blame.
19. My responsibility will not exceed the full value of the vehicle at the time it is lost or damaged plus actual towing, storage and survey fees and a reasonable charge for time loss.
20. Customer understand that any agreement I have with Diners, Discover, Visa, MasterCard or my insurance in reference to the covering for damage, towing, loss etc. to the rented vehicle is between me and Diners, Discover, Visa, MasterCard or my insurance.
21. At all times, I will be directly responsible to “Jay’s Car Rental” for all damages, loss etc. of the rented vehicle and hereby l authorize “Jay’s Car Rental” to charge my Credit Card with the respective amount to pay, whether on the same moment after leaving the island.